Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 2 - Official Adoption Day

It was a full and exhausting day!  We had breakfast in the hotel, but this time Miss Lauren wanted nothing to do with the high chair.  She insisted on sitting on my lap.  She ate a big bowl of congee and as well I had her try some other foods.  She does not really know how to chew yet, so food that requires chewing is difficult and she will spit it out.  I brought bibs with me (Thanks Vivian!) but when she spits the food out it tends to get on me, so I should've brought adult bibs perhaps!

Today was also the official adoption day.  We went back to the Civil Affairs Office.  I was interviewed by one of the officials and made a promise to keep Lauren as my daughter, never to abuse or abandon her, and to give her a good education.  Then up to the notary office where once again I was interviewed.  The room was hot and the process long, so by the second interview Lauren was getting antsy.  I finally had Dad just take her out of the interview room because I could not hold her as she was squirming too much.  Well she had a fit!  Good news is that she seems to be attaching to me, bad news is that she is attaching only to me so will not go to anyone else for now. 


 After the appointment we all went to Walmart.  We needed to get diapers since I only brought enough for a few days. Miss Lauren's personality is starting to come out.  We got quick glimpse of it today.  She can be strong willed and maybe there is a tomboy streak in her. Good thing I have the ergo because she needs to be carried and will only let me carry her.  (Thanks Maria for the Ergo!)

(

For dinner Kelly took us to a noodle and dumpling shop.  The noodles are all handmade in an open kitchen for us to watch.  Lauren is a good eater when it is something she likes.  She ate 3 small bowls of the soft noodles.  Not sure where she is putting it all.  All adoption families here discuss their child's constipation issues.  It is a milestone when your baby has its first .  Lauren has not had hers yet.  We gave her a prune today in hopes that it will speed things along. 

After dinner we went to visit the tallest tower in Guangzhou.  It was in a very nice park setting.  Unfortunately there are street hawkers that come up to you that are quite aggressive.  Lauren was in the ergo, but they kept trying to hand her the lights that they were trying to sell. That aside, the area was beautiful.  There was a fountain that synchronized its movements to music.  Lauren was mesmerized by the gigantic TV screen they had on.

Back to the room and it was straight to bed for us.  Tomorrow is a big day because we are visiting the orphanage and her nannies.  Pray that it is a positive experience for her and that the attachment she has formed with me today is not jeopardized. 






No comments:

Post a Comment